- Domains within the .co.za namespace must take on the following format:
Min-length: 1 character
- Max-length: 30 characters
- Numbers: Allowed (full-numeric)
- Hyphen: Allowed (middle only)
USL Domain Name Rules Summary
- Use only letters, numbers, or hyphen ("-")
- Domain names cannot begin or end with a hyphen
- Domain names cannot have more than 63 characters.
- Maximum length of a complete (Fully Qualified, FQDN) domain name (including .separators) is 255 characters
- Minimum length of a domain name is 1 character, not including extensions.
- A name may begin with a digit
- One and two character domain names are allowed
- Domain names considered offensive may be declined
- For domains to be active on the Internet, they must have at least one configured and working name server.
- There is no restriction on the physical location or IP address of these name servers.
- Domain names may be re-sold
- A domain name registration shall be for at least an initial 1 year period, and should be renewed at least annually thereafter.
- A domain name can initially be registered for 1-10 years period
- A domain name can be renewed for 1-10 years period
- A domain name registration period cannot exceed 10 years
- There is no restriction on the number of domain names that a single entity or person can register.
- A domain name may be revoked if it is used for offensive, immoral or illegal purposes, including "Spam".
- A domain name may be revoked if found to be in contravention of published policies and procedures
- A domain name may be suspended or revoked if USL is directed by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- The registration of a new name is usually immediate and automated..
- If there is conflict between an applicant for a new domain name and the holder of an existing name, it is for those parties to resolve the conflict. Any resulting change in registration details of the existing name must be mutually agreed between the parties.
- USL does not decide whether an applicant has a legitimate right to the name. The applicant, in lodging the request for the name, warrants that it is entitled to register the name as requested.
- Applicants who misrepresent their entitlement to register or use a name are warned that this may result in action from others who claim rights to the name. If USL, or any of their agents, officers or employees incur costs through involvement in disputes over names, any applicant for, or holder of, a name which is subject to a dispute will be liable for those costs.
- A domain name may be cancelled or redelegated at any stage where the name holder does not comply with these requirements or fails to meet any fees or other liabilities in connection with the registration or use of the domain name.
- You can not own a domain name for longer than 15 days with no hosting this is concidered squating by USL and your domain will be canceled or sold.
- USL reserves the right to change any and all policies at any time, providing that such policy changes become effective upon posting on this and other websites.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
You may fill this form and we will do the update for you:https://update.usl.website/
You can do this just supply us with the correct IP address you need us to use for yoursetup. your...
Not accepted by the Registrant The current Registrant email address is available via a Whois...
When transferring your domain to USL:You can do this yourself...